One year ago, I was saying good bye, for the last time to my best friend, my mother. At age 89 she was very fortunate to have lived such a long and prosperous life. Not everyone gets that chance, but those who do, usually have quite a life story to tell, and I would like to share hers with you.
In 1932, when she was age nine, her and her two sisters lost their mother to breast cancer. Having spent so much time with my mom, I would say that above all else, this was the greatest loss of her life. I believe it took her years to grieve, and I think it had a great deal to do with who she became throughout life. Fortunately, new blessing did eventually come along, as she gained a step mother, another sister and a brother, when her father eventually remarried. Ultimately, she realized that life must go on, and that she did.
- The invention of television
- The fall of the stock market in 1929 and the Great Depression that followed
- The attack on Pearl Harbor
- World War II
- Rosa Park’s refusal to move to the back of the bus
- The Korean War
- The invention of the computer
- The Civil Rights Movement
- The assassination of John F. Kennedy
- The assassination of Martin Luther King
- The assassination of Robert Kennedy
- Man’s first landing on the moon
- The Viet Nam War
- The invention of the internet
- The invention of the cell phone
- The fall of the Iron Curtain
- The Gulf War
- A new millenium
- The 9/11 attack on the US
- The Iraq War
- The War in Afghanistan She was a prankster
And always in the middle of things!!
She was a wife and mother, a grandmother and great grandmother
She painted, wall-paper-lined, and installed those window shutters herself!
But if you look, you will find someone out there that knows how to show the rest of us
That life must go on,
Life is too short
It is what you make of it
And it’s not who you know, it’s who you are!
I love you and miss you
I feel so blessed to have known you,
and to have had so much fun with you in your last years!
10 Easy No-Paint Decorating Tips
Sign up for our Newsletter and get these 10 free tips for updating any room without having to use paint.