It’s steak-on-the-grill night!! By the time dinner is over, there’s not an ounce of steak left, right?
Well, let’s just imagine for a moment that there is.
That someone wasn’t hungry, or someone didn’t show up, or someone bought the family size portion because it’s a better value!!!
Leftover Grilled Steak Soup
More or less.
I’m not a fancy cook, I often CAN”T follow directions when cooking, so the following is more or less a recipe for leftover grilled steak soup. If you follow it more or less, and prepare it with more or less of all of the ingredients, you more or less can’t go wrong.
- 1 cup leftover grilled steak, chopped into small pieces
- 32 oz beef broth
- 3 cups water
- 1 bouillon cube
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 large potato, skinned and chopped small
- 2-3 cups frozen vegetable, or fresh vegetable, or a combination thereof (your choice of veggies)
- 1 can pinto beans, drained (optional)
- Fresh herb bouquet of thyme and marjoram, or 1/2 tsp each of dried
- Dash Worcestershire
- In a soup pot add the beef broth, water, bouillon, and onion and bring to a boil.
- Add the potato, steak, Worcestershire and spices and bring back up to boil; turn down heat and simmer for 45 minutes
- Add veggies and can of beans and bring back up to boil; turn down heat and simmer for another 45 minutes
- Pepper and salt to taste
Consider serving with:
Blue Cheese Pita Toast
- Slice pita bread into wedges
- Baste both sides with olive oil and place on a cookie sheet in a 350 degree oven for 5-6 minutes
- Flip the pita wedges, sprinkle with crumbled blue cheese and bake for another 5-6 minutes
Thank you for stopping by ~ Amy
Come join the party for a whole slew of soup and sandwich recipes
Linking up to Soups and Sandwiches Link Party
at Inspiration Cafe, just click on the button below