Halloween is right around the corner. If you haven’t done anything Halloween-y, here is a super quick craft to make in a jiff. Jar candle jack-o-lanterns. This project took me about 30 minutes to decorate 4 jar candles with pumpkin faces. E.A.S.Y!
Jar Candle Jack-O-Lanterns
I’m not even very good at drawing pumpkin faces, and you don’t have to be to make this. A few triangles and a couple of wavy, smiley, slightly scary jack-o-lantern mouths…you’re good to go.
Supplies needed to make Jack-O-Lantern Jar Candles:
- I used the short, squat type jar candles in the color orange, but any type will do (although I don’t suggest too dark a color.)
- Black paint pen, I used one with a medium round point
- Cotton balls
Follow these super easy steps to make Jar Candle Jack O’Lanterns:
- Remove the labels. Most jar candle labels are pretty easy to peel off. The slower you pull, the more lightly the label will come off in one piece. If you have trouble removing the label, try this method.
- Clean outside of jar with alcohol and cotton swabs. Let dry
- Google: Pumpkin Faces. Print out a page of pumpkin faces, or just paint the faces while looking at your computer screen.
- Follow the directions on the paint pen to make sure the ink is ready at the tip of the pen.
- Start by drawing the nose, then the eyes, and then the mouth with the paint pen. I practiced drawing the faces on paper first, just to get the hang of it before I drew them onto the jars.
- Since I used the short, squat type jars, I tried to make my eyes, nose and mouths kinda short and squat, as well.
- Let the ink dry. And that it.
Tip: Use a damp paper towel to wipe off smudges or the whole thing if you don’t like it. Let dry, clean with alcohol again, and then start over.
- Once the wax starts melting the pumpkin faces show up really nice and spooky.
Other Halloween Crafts and Ideas You Make Like:
- Ghoslty Shaped Sugar Cookies (no cookie cutter needed)
- Free Vintage Style Halloween Prints
- Frosted Glass Ghostly Cake Plate
- DIY Wood Bead Pumpkin Stems
- Holiday Pine Tree Jar Candle Craft
Happy Halloween week!